[rt-users] External Web Auth breaks rt-mailgate?

Christian Gilmore cag at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 16 10:46:39 EDT 2003

I believe just adding a "Satisfy Any" directive will solve you problem.
You may want to deny from all and allow access to just rt-mailgate's IP in
combination with the satisfy directive.

Thanks,
Christian

----------------------
Christian Gilmore
Technology Leader
GeT Support Application Development
IBM Software Group

Ken Bantoft <ken at freeswan.ca>
Sent by: rt-users-admin at lists.fsck.com
07/16/03 09:08 AM

        To:     rt-users at lists.fsck.com
        cc:
        Subject:        [rt-users] External Web Auth breaks rt-mailgate?

I've got RT 3.03 setup and running fine with the webinterface,
and modified the rtimportldap from 2.0 contrib to import all of my users
into MySQL.

I'm running Apache 1.x w/mod_auth_ldap setup, and all is good.  Except,
rt-mailgate doesn't work.  Seems it posts to
/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway,
which due to the use of ExternalWebAuth is covered by my apache config:

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
AuthName "Request Tracker"
AuthType Basic
LDAP_Server 127.0.0.1
LDAP_Port 389
Base_DN "OU=People,DC=company,DC=com"
UID_Attr cn
require filter (cn=*)
</Directory>

And wants a username + password.  I've tried to override the sub tree
with:

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/REST/1.0>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

However it still wants a username + password.  Is there a quick fix around

this?  I can't be the 1st person to run into this...

--
Ken Bantoft                Super FreeS/WAN Maintainer
ken at freeswan.ca            http://www.freeswan.ca
                           PGP Key: finger ken at bantoft.org

Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm