[rt-users] Out going email problem solved

Miles Scruggs midgard at garnetws.com
Wed Jul 16 12:08:49 EDT 2003

> Really? what about the syslog? I know I've had an RT instance send me
> mail from 'RT::CommentAddress.not.set at host.domain'. What MTA are you
> using? If you change that default to RT_CorrespondAddressNotSet does
it
> start working?

I'm using qmail with smtp-auth, localhost and 127.* is set as
relayclient.  There are no logs for MTA at all.  I'm almost certain that
it doesn't make it that far.  Syslog on debug, just show that that the
mail has been sent.

Jul 15 12:31:31 mail RT: <rt-3.0.3-2-4.4.10412219021808 at domain.com> #2/4
- Scrip 4  (/usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:91)

Jul 15 12:31:31 mail RT: <rt-3.0.3-2-4.4.10412219021808 at domain.com> sent
To:  Cc:  Bcc: some at domain.com (/usr/local/rt/lib/R
T/Action/SendEmail.pm:296)
Jul 15 12:31:31 mail RT: <rt-3.0.3-2-4.6.4404634517421 at domain.com> #2/4
- Scrip 5  (/usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:91)
Jul 15 12:31:31 mail RT: <rt-3.0.3-2-4.6.4404634517421 at domain.com> sent
To: root at domain.com Cc: orders at domain.com Bcc:  (/usr/
local/rt/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:296)
Jul 15 12:31:31 mail RT: <rt-3.0.3-2-4.9.50657546483001 at domain.com> #2/4
- Scrip 6  (/usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:91)

Jul 15 12:31:31 mail RT: <rt-3.0.3-2-4.9.50657546483001 at domain.com> sent
To:  Cc: abuse at domain.com Bcc:  (/usr/local/rt/lib/RT/A
ction/SendEmail.pm:296)

Which by all appearances looks like mail is going out.

Now if I put

Set($CorrespondAddress , 'RT_CorrespondAddressNotSet');
Set($CommentAddress , 'RT_CommentAddressNotSet');

Mail will be sent with a  bad from address just like you said.

Also I very minor thing, but on the queue's page it says

"Correspondence Address:
(If left blank, will default to RT_CorrespondAddressNotSet "

the closing bracket is missing in the text only, but thought I would
point that one out.

> *nod* Thank you for getting to the bottom of this. It's greatly
> appreciated.

No problem

Miles