[rt-users] Re: RT 3-0-4 perl & mysql

Greg.Hering at bench.com Greg.Hering at bench.com
Wed Jul 16 18:07:39 EDT 2003

You can also get Perl 5.8.0 built for Soloris 9 from http://www.sunfreeware.com.

Just use pkgrm on the old packages (on my system it's SUNWpl5p, SUNWpl5p and SUNWpl5m).
Then you can 'pkgadd -d <newPerl>'.

While you're there, get 'tar' because the Solaris version has a problem and you can also do '-xzf' to untar gzipped tars without having to 'gunzip' them first.

Greg

Gregory L. Hering
(256) 722-6420
4807 Bradford Dr