[rt-users] Out going email problem solved

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Jul 16 18:53:42 EDT 2003

Miles Scruggs wrote:
> I'm using qmail with smtp-auth, localhost and 127.* is set as
> relayclient.  There are no logs for MTA at all.  I'm almost certain that
> it doesn't make it that far.  Syslog on debug, just show that that the
> mail has been sent.

I might be imagining it, but I seem to recall hearing somewhere
about an MTA not bothering to log anything if it met certain input
it didn't like...

What if you telnet to the mail port yourself, mimicing your RT
scrips, and send mail from RT::AddressNotSet (or whatever)?

--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630