[rt-users] RT2/3 with HTTP and HTTPS

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Jul 16 20:02:51 EDT 2003

Matthias Juchem wrote:
> Maybe my last e-mail was not clear enough. My problem is whether I can use 2
> different URLs for the same RT instance.
>
> For example:
> http://support.company.com/
> https://secure.company.com/support/
>
> $WebPath is not a real problem, but as $WebBaseURL contains the hostname,
> there might be problems if the Apache virtual server name is different from
> the server name in $WebPath.

$WebBaseURL also contains the scheme. You'd probably need two
separate RT_SiteConfigs (which implies two RT "installations",
though they can both happily talk to the same backend.)

You should also be aware that you won't be able to do this using
mod_perl for both virtuals; you want to run one or both under
fastcgi (or use a separate Apache instance to serve each.)

--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630