[rt-users] RT3 DBD::mysql install/makefile problem

Greg.Hering at bench.com Greg.Hering at bench.com
Thu Jul 17 09:58:25 EDT 2003

Dear Bill (and Harald!),

On my RH9 system the default is 'us_EN.UTF-8'.

I have found that it can be changed to 'us_EN' and it will work.

It messes up the kernel 'make menuconfig' though, so I have both in my root .bash_profile and just uncomment the one I need.

--a snip from .bash_profile-------------------
# en_US works better with perl
LANG=en_US

# UTF-8 works better  with 'make menuconfig'
#LANG=en_US.UTF-8

export USERNAME BASH_ENV PATH LANG

HTH! Greg

Gregory L. Hering