[rt-users] rt-mailgate problem rt3.0.2.6/debian/exim

David Fletcher dfletcher at iti-infotech.com
Fri Jul 18 08:45:47 EDT 2003

Here are the settings we're using with debian/exim and RT 3.0.2:

Note: We made no modifications to the /etc/alias file.  All settings are in /etc/exim/exim.conf.

In the TRANSPORTS CONFIGURATION:

# my rt hack
local_delivery_rt:
  driver = pipe
  command = "/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue ${quote:$local_part} --action ${quote:${substr_1:$local_part_suffix}} --url http://help.iti-infotech.com"
  return_path_add
  return_output
  prefix = ""
  suffix = ""
  user = www-data

In the DIRECTORS CONFIGURATION:

localuser_rt:
  driver = smartuser
  suffix = +*
  prefix = *-
  new_address = ${quote:${lc:${local_part}}}@${domain}
  transport = local_delivery_rt

Note: We also list www-data as a trusted user.  This is probably not a good idea.  I don't remember if it is necessary for this setup or something else we where doing.

--
David Fletcher    InfoTech International, LLC.
(904)338-9234     (904)721-1253 fax

Junk: stuff we throw away. Stuff: junk we keep.