[rt-users] rt & perl INC variable

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Tue Jul 22 10:25:58 EDT 2003

JS> I thought some people might keep the perl modules rt needs in a seperate
JS> directory and then add it to INC, so that you wouldn't have to reinstall
JS> them when you upgrade perl.

Well, normally perl is smart enough not to smash over existing/newer
versions of modules you have.  I guess it depends on how you upgrade
perl.  Some package managers tend to delete everything in sight then
install new stuff.  This tends to break perl, since the library tends
to be updated outside the package manager's view.