[rt-users] new users can't login / digest:: md5 ??

Sebastian Flothow lists at flothow.de
Wed Jul 23 21:02:18 EDT 2003

[I assume you just forgot to CC the list, I'm CCing it now.]

Am Donnerstag, den 24. Juli 2003, um 02:02, schrieb Hodge, Jeff F
(ECIII):
> actually perldoc perllocal lists the mod twice v2.26 and v2.16   -this
> seems off

IIRC, perllocal ist just a chronological log of all module
installations, so that's to be expected.
However, if perllocal shows different installation locations for the two
versions, the old one may still be there. If it is, remove it.

> This installation hasn't improved my original situation.

This question is probably insulting, but - did you remember to fully
stop and start Apache after installing Digest::MD5?

You could also test Digest::MD5 independently, e.g.:
perl -MDigest::MD5=md5_hex -le 'print md5_hex "foobar"'

Compare the results to some other MD5 implementation, e.g. the MD5()
function in MySQL.

> Looking in the rt3.users (mysql) table I notice that the new users are
> added to the table but all users have the same encrypted string for a
> password,

Well, as a workaround, you could set passwords manually in the DB,
though I admit it's ugly.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de

 > Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Why is top posting frowned upon?