[rt-users] RT2/RT3 feature differences

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Jul 24 04:09:16 EDT 2003

On Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2003, at 10:06 Uhr, Guillaume Perréal wrote:

> It seems that several features that were parts of RT2 are not included
> of RT3 but some code of the later looks like either these features
> have been planned but not implemented or they have been deleted and
> not yet re-implemented...

Although I am not a developer, I will try to answer Your questions

> What can RT developpers say us about :
> - enhanced mail gateway ?

Not available (yet). No date of arrival has been given so far.

> - external user database/directory lookup (like LDAP...) ?

The API to use external authentication and user lookup is in place and
works. There are different implementations of LDAP auth and database
lookup available - details can be found in the list archives.

Regards,
     Harald