[rt-users] Stuck outside RT: Cannot change passwords !?

Paulo Pinto pspa at gp.novis.pt
Mon Jul 28 09:44:03 EDT 2003

Hello all.

After a "fresh" install of rt-3.0.5pre1, got myself stuck on this
situation:

-> Logged in as root/password
-> Gone to "preferences" and changed the [root] password
-> Logged out.
-> Tried to log in again. NONE of the passwords ("password" or the
newpassword ) works ! Got stuck outside RT !

At first I thought that I'd mistyped the new password, so I did a make
dropdb followed by a make initialize-database. Then stopped mysql and
apache, restarted it and tried the above steps.

Final result: the same. Stuck outside RT !

Could this be a installation issue or is it a plain bug ?
Can anyone duplicate this behaviour ?

P.S. - Running RedHat 7.3 with perl 5.6.0 ... can't find a 5.8.0 rpm for
RH7.3 and after installing perl from source, can't install
Apache::Request (complains about not finding mod_perl .. that is
installed from rpm :-/ ).

Best regards,

--
Paulo Pinto <pspa at gp.novis.pt>