[rt-users] International letters in rt 3.0.4

Rasmus Brøgger Rasmus.Brogger at uni-c.dk
Mon Jul 28 10:33:55 EDT 2003

I'm a happy RT2 user, with a well working RT 2.0.13 system. I've stated
to look into upgrading to RT3.

I have the need to support the Danish letters "æøå", as for e-mails from the system its solved with: Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1'); in RT_SiteConfig.pm.

But I can't make RT display "æøå" correct in Ticket view. The
#<ticketid> <subject> is displayed correctly, but in the History both
subject and ticket content looks like "æøå".

To dispaly "æøå" I normally use ISO-8859-1 encoding.
My guess is that RT3 handles the encoding wrong, or I've lacked to
specify the correct encoding.

I use

RT-3-0-4
Debian 3.0 r1
apache-ssl: 1.3.26
mod_perl: version 1
Mysql: 3.23.49 or Postgresql: 7.2.1
Perl: 5.6.1
All perl modules, not supported in Debian Stable is upgraded from CPAN.

--
Cheers
Rasmus Brøgger