[rt-users] Another Ticket Status

Andrew Melton amelton at gservices-us.com
Mon Jul 28 14:51:12 EDT 2003

We operate our NOC almost entirely vi RT.  That is, rather than calling,
when one of our customers has an issue, they open a ticket which gets routed
internally to an engineer.

What I would like to do is, when that engineer finishes the ticket, he
should assign it back to the requestor with a status of 'closed'...not
'resolved'.  The customer then has the ability to change status to resolved
only when the issue is truly resolved to their satisfaction.

Is there a way to add another status to the system?  Is there a workaround
which others have found helpful?

Thanks.

Andrew Melton