[rt-users] Apache2 session problems with rt 3.0.4...

Robert Nickel robertcn at water.fresno.gov
Wed Jul 30 14:19:06 EDT 2003

On 2003.07.30 20:00:20 +0000, Sebastian Flothow wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 30. Juli 2003, um 19:41, schrieb Guillaume Perréal:
> >I guess it is related to a connection timeout of MySQL. Maybe the
> >Apache::Session module doesn't check if its connection is up (and thus
> >don't reconnect).
>
> Reconnecting should be handled within the MySQL driver.
> From perldoc DBD::mysql:
>
>        o   DBD::mysql has a "reconnect" feature that handles the
>            so-called MySQL "morning bug": If the server has dis-
>            connected, most probably due to a timeout, then by
>            default the driver will reconnect and attempt to exe-
>            cute the same SQL statement again. However, this
>            behaviour is disabled when AutoCommit is off: Other-
>            wise the transaction state would be completely unpre-
>            dictable after a reconnect.

Ok, so is AutoCommit off in the RT code?  Or is this in the Apache module?
Lastly, can anyone think of a workaround?  I'm not opposed to scripting the
restart of the web server every day (as this is an 8-5 box) and getting away
from the problem that way, but I'm wondering if others will be having this
issue on servers that are 24x7.

Thanks,
  --Robert