[rt-users] Control Return-Path solved, RT-Originator question

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Tue Jun 3 11:35:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 15:42, Mick Szucs wrote:
> Using Qmail, the Return-Path (SMTP FROM) of messages sent by RT appears
> as (the account of whoever last restarted HTTPD)@(machine running RT)
>
> I'm using 'sendmailpipe' and /var/qmail/bin/sendmail.  Any easy way to
> control this?

For those who need to know, adding a -f postmaster\@me.com to the
$SendmailArguments variable in RT_SiteConfig.pm did the trick, now the
envelope has a nice Return-Path address.

On a related note:  is it possible to suppress the RT-Originator: field
without modifying the code?  We don't want to leak our personal
addresses to customer correspondence, preferring that they respond only
to RT.

Thanks,

Mick