[rt-users] Problem with WebExternal Auth

ParimalaRamdas at oaktech.com ParimalaRamdas at oaktech.com
Tue Jun 3 16:24:35 EDT 2003

Hi all,
 I'm new to RT and am experiencing a problem. I have WebExternal Auth set
to 1 and have RT working with other content on my intranet. I want RT to
use the username and password supplied when logging on to the site. How
should this be accomplished?
 I searched through the archives and found the foll. One doc said to add
require valid-user in the <Location> tag which I duly did. But when I
click the link which takes me to RT, I get a screen with Login RT 2.1.88
info. Some other docs said to add AuthType Basic and AuthName "Login".
This time I got an Internal Server Error. I am not sure what I'm doing
wrong. As I don't know Perl, I didn't understand what autohandler does.
But according to the documentation RT should use Apache's authentication
if WebExternal Auth is enabled?? Someone please point me in the right
direction.
Thanks,
Parimala.