[rt-users] Problem Creating a Ticket via Email

Andy Melton amelton at gservices-us.com
Wed Jun 4 13:50:17 EDT 2003

I can't find the answer to this in the mailing list archive, my
apologies if it has been answered before....

I am trying to generate an email from my NMS (OpenNMS) to RT 3.0.2 in
order to open a ticket automatically in the event of a network problem.
By default, emails sent from OpenNMS are from root  or more
specifically, root at machine.domain.com.

When the email is received by rt-mailgate, I get the following error
message:

"RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow
for the creation of a new user for your email."

Now, I actually do have a user named root in RT, with an email address
matching the address generated by OpenNMS.  Where is it looking for the
user from?  How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Andy