FW: [rt-users] rt-mailgate

Michael van Elst mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
Wed Jun 4 19:14:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003, Cassily, Ryan wrote:

> Mprog,          P=/usr/sbin/smrsh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, D=$z:/,
>                 T=X-Unix/X-Unix/X-Unix,
>                 A=smrsh -c $u

There we go. smrsh will only allow you to execute programs in
the sm.bin directory and will bail out with 'Service unavailable'
if the program isn't there.

The exact sm.bin path depends on your system, usually that's
/usr/libexec/sm.bin or /var/adm/sm.bin.

You either have to copy rt-mailgate (or a small wrapper script) into
the sm.bin directory or you have to modify the sendmail configuration

Mprog,          P=/usr/sbin/smrsh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, D=$z:/,
                T=X-Unix/X-Unix/X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u

which will allow you to run arbitrary programs to deliver mail.
It's up to you to decide wether the more strict security of
smrsh is required on your system.

Greetings,
--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
  :WWMWMw=--.          "W='  cable & wireless
   9WWMm==-.
    "-Wmw-"  CABLE & WIRELESS