[rt-users] Problem with WebExternalAuth

ParimalaRamdas at oaktech.com ParimalaRamdas at oaktech.com
Thu Jun 5 09:18:04 EDT 2003

thanks for all the information. my need is specific, i think. what i want
is that when a user logs onto the intarnet he/she should be automatically
created in RT database if username doen't exist or if it does, be
validated. both steps should take the user to the home page without having
to login to RT. a single login is what i'm looking for.

i think i might have to pass the username from php script(thts what my
intranet uses) to RT's perl script and then check the RT database for this
user and act accordingly. as i do not know perl, i would appreciate it if
you could answer one more question- should i create a seperate script to
do this or should i modify RT's autohandler(here i assume tht auotohandler
is the one which takes care of login, authentication- correct me if i'm
wrong). which would be the best way to go about? thanks again for all the
feedback.

parimala.