[rt-users] rt-mailgate broken pipe

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Thu Jun 5 16:08:51 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 08:20, Mick Szucs wrote:
> Messages piped through rt-mailgate fail when they're beyond a certain
> size.  I haven't yet figured out exactly what said size is, and it seems
> to be variable.

Size is 8192 bytes, and it's definitely mod_perl's fault.  Test script
running under:

Sethandler cgi-script

works just peachy, and returns the entire posted message.  Same script
under:

SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry::handler

Displays that it gets $ENV{'content-length'} but shows it no regard,
returns only 8192 bytes.

I know that this suggests that I shouldn't be asking about it in an RT
support group, but I'm mentioning it in case anyone else has run into it
and come up with a solution.

Apache 2.0.40
mod_perl 1.99
Perl 5.8.0