[rt-users] Installing in subdir of documentroot

seph seph at directionless.org
Fri Jun 6 09:47:36 EDT 2003

> How should I proceed to install RT in a subdirectory of the
> documentroot? I have tried changing the WebPath-settings in the
> config-file, but things just doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
> pointers?

RT's location in the filesystem is completely different from it's base
URL. /usr/local/rt and /opt/rt (or rt3) are common.

RT's URL location is primarily an apache issue. Apache will deal with
whatever you want. RT uses the WebPath variables when it constructs
URLs, they need to be set to whatever apache is configured with.

I'm pretty sure there have been example httpd.conf files sent to
rt-users, or placed in the RT docs.

seph