[rt-users] Installation problem, mod_perl

Dag Bruck dag at dynasim.se
Fri Jun 6 10:48:30 EDT 2003

Hi,

Reluctantly I will take up your time with an installation problem
that I probably should be able to resolve, but...

I'm trying to install RT3 on a computer running RedHat 7.2.  Things
have been going well for most part, including a large amount of
updating following "rt-test-dependencies --install", which among
other things installed Perl 5.8.0.  I have also installed MySQL.

The module that is now missing is Apache::Request, and any atempt
to install it will give messages like:

    Can't locate mod_perl.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .....

The computer has Apache 1.3.20 with mod_perl 1.24_01, according
to the log files.  Do I have to build a new Apache server with
mod_perl, as described in Appendix 4?  Is there some little "tweak"
I can make in the installation?  The mod_perl.pm file exists for
my original installation of Perl 5.6.0 (the one installed on RH 7.2).

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dag Bruck
Dynasim AB, Lund, Sweden