[rt-users] SMS on new tickets?

Gonzalo Servat gonzalo at linuxaus.com
Tue Jun 10 09:41:12 EDT 2003

Hi All.

Apologies if this has been discussed before (I'm sure it has been).
I searched the mailing list archives but couldn't find an answer.

I'd like to setup SMS notification on new tickets only (obviously not
on every reply) for specific queues. My initial ideas were:

1) Add phonenumber at sms.gateway as an AdminCC, problem is I would get
a SMS on every reply which is no good

2) Modify RT source to use Net::SMS (or similar) in the new ticket
process/function

3) Add a Scrip so that on New Ticket, send SMS. Not sure how though
as AFAIK templates are just the content of the email that will get
sent

4) Hope somebody has already done something similar to this and is
kind enough to share their knowledge :)

Would be good to also include in the SMS things like the ticket
requestor, date/time, priority (and any other fields of interest)

TIA,
Gonzalo