[rt-users] cannot find object method "output_prefix" via package "MIME::Parser"

Dag Bruck dag at dynasim.se
Tue Jun 10 10:59:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have made significant progress with the installation of RT3, and the
database and the web interface seem reasonably ok. I have now progressed to
configuring the mail interface.

Executing rt-mailgate fails with error that it cannot find object method
"output_prefix" via package "MIME::Parser" (see complete message below).
Note that I have tried the "manual" way of sending a file with a mail
message to rt-mailgate:

	cat /tmp/msg | rt-mailgate .....

Version incompatibility somewhere? I think I got the latest versions from
CPAN. Many thanks for your input.

Best regards,

Dag Brück
Dynasim AB

RT server error.

The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It
said:

System error
error:  Can't locate object method "output_prefix" via package
"MIME::Parser" at /home/rt/lib/RT/EmailParser.pm line 744.
context:
740:  #If someone includes a message, don't extract it
741:  $parser->extract_nested_messages(1);
742:
743:  # Set up the prefix for files with auto-generated names:
744:  $parser->output_prefix("part");
745:
746:  # If content length is <= 50000 bytes, store each msg as in-core scalar;
747:  # Else, write to a disk file (the default action):
748:
code stack:  /home/rt/lib/RT/EmailParser.pm:744
/home/rt/lib/RT/EmailParser.pm:168
/home/rt/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:381
/home/rt/share/html/rt/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway:32