[rt-users] HTML::Mason issues with mod_perl DSO .. ?

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Tue Jun 10 13:38:16 EDT 2003

I see in the RT docs that mod_perl, as a DSO, has some serious problems
(performance or otherwise).

I'm wondering if that issue is still applicable, and what the specific
issues are.  The platform I'm running is FreeBSD-4.8.   I posed this
statement to someone on the mod_perl mailing list, and they asked me to
elaborate on what the problems were.

I posted this to the masonhq list, but no response - they do have an older
entry in their FAQ (older, so uncertain about whether it's still valid).

I've had a devil of a time getting mod_perl set up statically on FreeBSD
(perhaps my own mistakes), but have managed to get the DSO working, but
would rather do a static compile to avoid any scaling or performance issues.

Since this has to do with RT, specifically, I'm wondering if someone on
this list might know what the problem(s) are, etc.

Thanks,
Forrest