[rt-users] Two RT3 instances on one box

Joseph McCarty jmccarty at scoe.org
Tue Jun 10 22:09:35 EDT 2003

How would one set up two instances of RT3 on one RedHat 7.3 box with mod_perl compiled into Apache?  The first instance is alive and well, but my company is starting up a second customer base that will require different configuration...

I picture two separate virutal domains on Apache, one for each interface.  The configure file would point to non-default file locations and to a separate MySQL database.  Once the second instance is installed, the configuration file in RTx/etc would use different database names, RT users, URLs, etc.  More aliases for the new instance would go into the aliases file.

What are the gotchas?  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Joe McCarty