[rt-users] Close Ticket via Email

Matthew J. Draper matthewd at staff.airnet.com.au
Wed Jun 11 09:52:25 EDT 2003

> > Does someone already have a code snippet / whatever
> > to close tickets via Email, with a certain command for example.
> > I know there was something for version 2.xx, i have 3.xx now
> > (and also the code for 2.xx did not work for my 2.xx version..)
>
> I asked about something similar (we want 'take' and 'resolve'
> by e-mail)

> It seems to me though that a lot of people want something
> with minimal functionality and we could do it with a few
> patches. I think there is some sort of plugin architecture in
> the rt-mailgate script that might be useful. Have a look if
> you have time - it might not be too difficult to do.

A few days ago, I posted a patch (against 3.0.3pre2) to rt-devel -- in
hindsight, probably not the best choice of list -- that does what you
want (for me, at least... I haven't heard from anyone else yet :).
You'll probably want to see that post
(http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2003-June/004115.html) for my
notes on it, but I've attached the diffs (for 3 files) to this email, as
line wrapping made a bit of a mess of them last time... Curse me for
dumping them into the body of the email!

Hopefully, it'll be of some use. :)

Matthew