[rt-users] rt-mailgate segfaulting (was: rt-mailgate exiting with status 11)

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Thu Jun 12 11:29:52 EDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 06:44:03PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > I've done some debugging on this and gotten to the point where I don't
> > understand the internals of RT enough to continue.

Its easy.  Simply invite the author of RT for dinner, slurp out his brain,
and you're done.  Best to put one back in or otherwise he might notice.

> > >From the debugging code I've inserted, I'm seeing RT::Attachment::Create
> > called three times, and it's within the third call, where it appears about
> > to call RT::Attachment::Create for a fourth time, that it seems to be
> > segfaulting.

> Furthermore, I just figured out how all that SUPER stuff works, and it
> appears to be inside DBIx::SearchBuilder::Record::Cachable (or something
> along those lines) that's falling over. Sheesh, this is a voyage of
> discovery...

Before scrounging around in DBIx::SB, you probably want to see the size of
the attachment that its about to create (and whether all arguments to
Create are defined etc) to see if you're running into, say, packet size
problems with MySQL.

You might also want to inspect the MySQL query log, and see how much of
the query is getting there (ie, segfault before or after it invokes the
update?).

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security