[rt-users] SMS on new tickets?

Gonzalo Servat gonzalo at linuxaus.com
Fri Jun 13 01:58:56 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, 10 June 2003 1:04 PM -0700 Joseph Spenner wrote:

> You could set up an alias on your RT box (ie:
> rt-sms at rtbox.domain.com ) which pipes into a perl
> script.  That script can check for certain things in
> the body (to filter out the messages that are of no
> interest) and forward along the rest to your SMS pager
> (or call your Net::SMS ).

Yeah, since I'm using Qmail I could call a Perl script after spamassassin
and before it goes off to rt-mailgate to achieve what you suggested.
I was hoping for a cleaner/neater solution, like making a new ScripAction
to send the SMS. 'OnCreateTicket -> SMS -> <number>' would be nice. Not
sure if it can be done easily, then again it is Perl so it can't be that
hard :)

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
Gonzalo.