[rt-users] creating (email) and replying a ticket problem

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Jun 13 14:23:24 EDT 2003

* Augusto Castelan Carlson <carlson at mail.npd.ufsc.br> [2003-06-12 22:20]:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Phil Homewood wrote:
>
> > Augusto Castelan Carlson wrote:
> > > I'm using postfix and the aliases file that I edit is /etc/aliases
> >
> > does your main.cf point to /etc/aliases?
>
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
> alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
>
> >what does
> > ls -l /etc/aliases*
> >
> > show?
>
> [root at ticket etc]# ls -l /etc/aliases*
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1552 Jun 12 10:53 /etc/aliases
> -rw-r-----    1 smmsp    smmsp       12288 Jun 12 23:22 /etc/aliases.db
>
> I'm probaly using editing the wrong aliases file...

Yup. If your main.cf says /etc/postfix/aliases, then that's the one you
should edit.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #15 (Collect all 19)
"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness." - Charles H. Spurgeon