[rt-users] 3.0.2 incoming mail encoding problem (utf-8):9

Ryszard Lach siaco at autograf.pl
Fri Jun 13 18:06:43 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 04:16:46PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 10:11:37PM +0200, Ryszard Lach wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have a RT 3.0.2 running on postgresql 7.3 (UNICODE). Sending e-mail in
> > iso-8859-2 to rt-mailgate gives an entry in syslog:
> >
> > But when I send an e-mail in utf-8 - nothing about conversions appears
> > in syslog, but characters in database are messed up too, just the same
> > way as with e-mail in latin2. Can anybody tell me where is the problem
> > or how can I try to debug this?
>
> Can you tell us if this still happens with RT 3.0.3pre3?

Well, there is one more thing. It seems that the behaviour of
rt-mailgate depends on which queue I'm using. Is there something I'm
missing? One of them receives utf-8 characters correctly, the other -
not. Headers in table attachments are for both tickets identical, but
content - not.

Richard.

--
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
fight you. Then you win." - Mohandas Gandhi.