[rt-users] Sendmail problems (EXIT_TEMPFAIL) with rt3 mailgate

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Fri Jun 13 19:55:22 EDT 2003

I am still trying to figure this out.

With the sample message I am using this is what I am seeing:

Submit message to RT via rt-mailgate.
RT Acts on the email fine - generates the  the messages that the scrips
define etc.

Around the 3min mark rt-mailgate returns with a 500 timeout erro
(apparently from the web server). However, the webserver (using 99% of
cpu) continue using 99% of cpu.

At around the 5 minute mark, apahche stops using 99% of cpu, and the final
log message is made.....ticket created.

How do I increase the time that rt-mailgate will wait for a response from
the web server...not the best solution, but considering I am not running
the preferred perl and mysql versions I can see difficulties with figuring
this out.

Does this extra info spur solutions on from anyone?

Cheers,

Stewart