[rt-users] Customize RT 3.0.2 for WebExternalAutoInfo and CustomFields

Stefano Congiu stefano.congiu at keypartners.it
Mon Jun 16 13:39:15 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I installed a few days ago RT 3.0.2 and I find it really interesting.

After a few tests I started reading the mailing list, in order to get some
info about customization.
I need some help to perform a few steps:

1) CustomFields: I defined a few global custom fields, in order to let the
requestors insert some info about their tickets.
When I access RT via Web as a non-privileged user, I create a new ticket but
I can't see the custom fields.
Is there some way to let the non staff people see those fields and to
insert/select the values?

2) WebExternalAutoInfo: I configured apache to auth users against an Active
Directory.
I would like also to use the autocreate feature, in order to have their
attributes up-to-date with our user data base.
I got some code from this mailing list: I modified the
INSTDIR/share/html/autohandler, where I invoked the
WebExternalAutoInfo subroutine, but I don't know where to insert the
subroutine itself.

3) I would like to grant non privileged users the right to close their
tickets before they become "open": in other words,
if the requestor find the solution by his way, I would permit him to close
his ticket.

Does someone can help me?
Thank you

Stefano Congiu