[rt-users] Re: multiple rtnames

Ron Alexander ralexander at musiciansfriend.com
Mon Jun 16 20:48:47 EDT 2003

Comments inline:
On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 17:24, Barry Murphy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What I'm talking about is the following subject, $rtname .
>
> SUBJECT LINE: [www.unix.co.nz #9] AutoReply: testing
> I hope this clears up what I'm looking for.
Yes.
> I have looked through the archives and found 2 emails in August 2001 with
> reference to this, but looking through every month is pretty difficult, if
> there was a search function available it would make life a lot easier.

Right on! Yeah a search would be nice.
> Post I found...
> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2001-August/001563.html

Okay, Christian raises an interesting solution. I don't know that it was
ever implemented. Here is my idea:
Set $rtname in config.pm to something generic like "Trouble Tickets"
Then go into your templates and add a line like this:
"Subject: -- {$Ticket->QueueObj->Name} -- "
and remove any references to $rtname.

This should make your subject appear like this:

Subject:[Trouble Tickets #454] -- QueueName -- Autoreply:testing

Or whatever else you have set in the subject.

--
* Ron Alexander             ralexander at musiciansfriend.com *