[rt-users] Relationships in RT

Niranjan Patel niranjan at altair.com
Tue Jun 17 10:25:53 EDT 2003

Hello everybody,

            I am using RT 2.0 I know we have 4 types of relationships merge,
depends on, parent child, and refers to.

All I found was one document in the install design docs which explains these
relationships. I have used merge but I wanted more information on other
types of relationship.

Does depend on, parent child relationships have any business rule defined
like.

*	Cant close a ticket if it depends on an open ticket
*	Reply to parent replies all child ticket.
*	Can't close a parent if the child tickets are still open.
*	No loops allowed (41 parent of/depends on 40 and 40 parent
of/depends on 41)
*	Etc.

As far as I think all this validations or business rule are not implemented.
Has someone tried to do any of these validations?

Is there a way one can try doing any of these rules?

Thanks,

Niranjan Patel