[rt-users] Large tickets in RT.

Michael van Elst mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
Tue Jun 17 17:06:11 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003, Marcus Ramberg wrote:

> Even though I'm using mysql 4.0.13 (which is suppose to have a max
> limit of 2 gb) , and has configured max_allowed_packet to be 200M ..

Can you check the version of the client library used by DBD::Mysql ?
It could be an older installation from MySQL3.xx times.

> That is, when I get this far. I've also seen mailgate die with "Out of
> Memory", and the Apache instance which handles these mails stalls with
> 99% cpu use and heavy memory use for a few minutes whenever I test
> these things before I eventually get the message over.

This is to be expected, all data is held several times in memory.
Using Postgres would be somewhat worse because Postgres will not accept
NUL-Bytes in Records and RT creates another base64 encoded copy of the
data.

Greetings,
--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
  :WWMWMw=--.          "W='  cable & wireless
   9WWMm==-.
    "-Wmw-"  CABLE & WIRELESS