[rt-users] Large tickets in RT.

Marcus Ramberg marcus at mediaflex.no
Tue Jun 17 18:00:16 EDT 2003

On tirsdag, jun 17, 2003, at 23:06 Europe/Oslo, Michael van Elst wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003, Marcus Ramberg wrote:
>
>> Even though I'm using mysql 4.0.13 (which is suppose to have a max
>> limit of 2 gb) , and has configured max_allowed_packet to be 200M ..
>
> Can you check the version of the client library used by DBD::Mysql ?
> It could be an older installation from MySQL3.xx times.
Indeed it could, and it was. I had just been checking that I had the
latest D::m . You just saved my day! Remember to collect your
complimentary beer the next time you visit Oslo :)

>> That is, when I get this far. I've also seen mailgate die with "Out of
>> Memory", and the Apache instance which handles these mails stalls with
>> 99% cpu use and heavy memory use for a few minutes whenever I test
>> these things before I eventually get the message over.
> This is to be expected, all data is held several times in memory.
> Using Postgres would be somewhat worse because Postgres will not accept
> NUL-Bytes in Records and RT creates another base64 encoded copy of the
> data.

Indeed, it is still slow on large attachments (like 5-10 min on 17
megs), but at least it's stopped eating my tickets. Now I won't have to
be punished with Exchange :D

Marcus.