[rt-users] Re: Change Email Subject Line??

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Tue Jun 17 18:24:38 EDT 2003

>I'd like to change the subject line in the emails that RT3 sends out.  =
>Right now it prepends the domain name of the rt server to the ticket =
>number, so the ticket subject looks like this:
>
>[support.ilovert.com #98] [Comment] Testing - Ignore me...=20
>
>I'd like the subject line in the RT emails to look like this...
>
>[support #98] [Comment] Testing - Ignore me...=20
>
>Are there any problems with changing this??  And how do I go about =
>making this change?!!

If using 3.x, edit your RT_SiteConfig.pm and change $rtname from
"support.ilovert.com" to "support".

The following is from RT_Config.pm:

# $rtname the string that RT will look for in mail messages to
# figure out what ticket a new piece of mail belongs to

# Your domain name is recommended, so as not to pollute the namespace.
# once you start using a given tag, you should probably never change it.
# (otherwise, mail for existing tickets won't get put in the right place

Set($rtname , "example.com");

--
Spam Trap Mail Key: ASK and you shall receive