[rt-users] IsRTAddress in RT3

Jeremy Doran fox-rt_users at vulpes.net
Thu Jun 19 19:42:44 EDT 2003

In RT2's config.pm there was the subroutine IsRTAddress, of which it was
very easy to have lots of lines such as the following to determine which
addresses RT should not send to upon sending a ticket, or it would
create another ticket.

    return(1) if ($address =~ /^rt\@example.com$/i);
    return(1) if ($address =~ /^(foo|bar|baz)-queue\@example.com$/i);

In RT3, this looks like it's been replaced with

    Set($RTAddressRegexp, 'regexp');

Now, in our RT setup we have about 30 queues, some with names that
overlap (ie, foo and foo-feedback). Do I have to specify just _one_
regexp for all of these queues? Forming such a regexp would be a total
nightmare for us!

Is there no better way to do this in RT_SiteConfig.pm, or would I be
better off just hacking the IsRTAddress sub directly in EmailParser.pm?

Thanks,
--
Jeremy Doran <fox-rt_users at vulpes.net>