[rt-users] Ideal RT setup

Daniel Foster daniel at 34SP.com
Wed Jun 25 06:56:58 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

We have a pretty big RT setup - something around 70,000 tickets, with
40-50,000 coming in per year, and getting faster.

For this we're running RT 2 on MySQL 3.23.52, Apache 1.3.26 and mod_perl.

I'm now looking into moving the system to it's own server, and it seems
like a good opportunity to try out a new setup, so the question is what
are the best supporting packages for RT?

I'll be trying out a few things - RT 3.0.3 and the latest 2.0.x release.

MySQL (3 or 4?) or PostgreSQL?

mod_perl or FastCGI?

Apache 1.3 or apache 2?

I'd be very grateful for any opinions or (even better) figures from
anyone who's tried the different possiblities.  I'll probably end up
doing a load of benchmarks, and if I do I'll certainly post the results.

--
Daniel Foster
Technical Director