[rt-users] integration with LDAP / Active Directory

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Wed Jun 25 16:11:50 EDT 2003

So I have a shiny new installation of 3.0.3.  We want to use our
existing user database for most of the obvious reasons.

I have seen the $LookupSenderInExternalDatabase option but I can not
find any docs that explain how to make it work.  From the contrib dir on
the ftp site I found some code for LDAP authentication but no help in
integrating it.

Also, from reading the docs it is not clear to me how users are
authenticated from the web login.  Does it use the same method as the
e-mail interface?  Can it?