[rt-users] Experience hooking RT3 to MS-Exchange2000/Active Directory/LDAP ?

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Fri Jun 27 01:09:08 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 04:42:44PM -0700, Gilles-Eric Descamps wrote:
> I'm looking for RT3 to get its user login & password
> from a windows 2000 machine.

I have successfully introduced Windows integrated authentication
(aka NTLM single sign-on) to RT a while ago, using this setup in
Apache2's httpd.conf:

    LoadModule sspi_auth_module modules/mod_auth_sspi.so

    # change "/rt3/" to whatever your RT base URL path is
    <LocationMatch "/rt3/">
	AuthName "RT"
	AuthType SSPI
	SSPIAuth On
	SSPIAuthoritative On
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </LocationMatch>

The SSPI authentication module is available at:
    http://www.syneapps.com/software/mod_auth_sspi/

I believe Apache1 can use mod_ntlm too, although I've never tested it:
    http://www.syneapps.com/software/mod_ntlm/

You also need to put these two lines in RT_SiteConfig.pm:

    Set( $WebExternalAuth, 1 );
    Set( $WebExternalAuto, 1 );

Hope that helps. :-)

Thanks,