[rt-users] performance problem - RT3.0.3 on Postgresql 7.3.3 (solution)

Stephen Quinney stephen.quinney at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jun 27 09:37:46 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:58:48PM +0200, Paul Wagland wrote:

> BTW, just in case anyone out there is using the Debian packages and wants to
> install this, here are the steps required:
> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/request-tracker3/lib/RT/
> cp Groups_Local.pm Users_Local.pm \
> 	/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/lib/RT/
> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/request-tracker3/html/Elements/
> cp SelectOwner.dat \
> 	/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/html/Elements/SelectOwner

Just a quick note, as co-maintainer of the Debian RT3 package. These
mkdir steps should not be needed now. The latest (3.0.3-1) package
will, during the postinst stage, try to create all the necessary local
directories for you on install/upgrade and give them the correct
ownership and permissions.

> BTW (if you are reading this) Thanks to Andrew Stribblehill for the Debian
> packages! They have made my life so much easier!

We're glad to hear that the Debian package of RT3 is appreciated.

Cheers,

Stephen Quinney <stephen at jadevine.org.uk>