[rt-users] Creating new tickets to go *out* to customers

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 9 05:31:42 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:

> Is there any way to create a new ticket such that it is an outgoing
> email *to* a customer, but have the customer be the requester, and
> not a "cc:", in one step?
>
> Right now we either have to make the customer be a cc:
> (problematic as then they become watchers, and so we can't write
> confidential comments to the ticket), or we have to do a two step
> process - create the ticket with customer as requestor, then *reply*
> to it to get the email out to the customer (because when we make
> the customer the requestor, they don't receive any ticket body upon
> the first submit, no matter what we try).

This last is what we do, but we have had to add to the default scrips to
get this email to be sent to the requestor.

You need:

OnCreate NotifyRequestor with Correspondance

or something like it.   The filter in Notify which prevents the creator
from getting a copy of their own replies will stop this doing anything in
the usual case where the creator is the requestor (incoming emails).

Then you can change the requestor on the ticket creation form and it will
behave as desired.

John