[rt-users] 2.x > 3.x

Andy Harrison ajharrison at gwi.net
Wed Mar 12 09:26:08 EST 2003

On 11-Mar-2003 Jesse Vincent wrote:
> you're trying to use RT 2.0 on Postgres 7.3. That's not going to work.

Ok, installed pg7.2x, sucked in the sql dump from the other server's rt2 db.
Used rt-2.0-to-dumpfile to create the rt dump.  Started running the
dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 and it looked like it was going to work, but hit a snag.
Any clues on this one?

(my theory is that it's just refusing to import an attachment with the word
'obtundent' in it... ;)

Importing ticket 102
            transaction 571
               attachment 401
            transaction 572
               attachment
[Wed Mar 12 14:17:41 2003] [crit]: Couldn't create attachment HASH(0x8de0f0c)
$VAR1 = {
          'ContentType' => 'text/plain',
          'Created' => '2002-05-14 19:20:48+00',
          'Content' => '
Reported by             : jds
Start time              : 01/09/2002; 22:15:00
Duration                : 01:15:00
Customers affected      : all dialup
Service affected        : "Network Connectivity"
Impact on service       : Service unavailable
Trouble Contact         : solunet?

Symptoms noticed/reported:
tc2 became obtundent. Could not reach over the network. After a manual
powercyc\\
le, the tech attached to the console reported the tc repeatedly booting,
crashi\\
ng, booting, etc.

jcoombs can provide more detail into the diagnosing of the device, as he was
th\\
e one to work on it from the console server.

Problem resolved as follows:
It was determined that the CF on the ARC module was bad. I removed the ARC
mod.\\
 from tc5 and replaced the bad ARC with it. The bad ARC was then put into tc5.

This could be prevented as follows:
Have spares on site! That would have at least reduced the length and severity
o\\
f the outage. I imagine that others in network can provide better analysis on
t\\
his issue than I can. :)

',
          'ContentEncoding' => 'none',