[rt-users] StockAnswers for Creating tickets?

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.net
Thu Mar 13 06:36:17 EST 2003

Greetings,

It seems that RTFM2/RT3 will probably have good integration for this,
but for the time being we'll be running RT2 -- so, has anyone managed
to implement StockAnswers (we're still on the original 0.2 version)
such that it will give you the dropdown/stockanswer option when
*creating* tickets, rather than merely updating/replying?

At the moment there's references to $Ticket, which in the case of
creating obviously won't work.

The 'problem' we're trying to solve is the need we have for creating
tickets that have forms with predefined sections listed; the textentry
box containing the required elements to be filled in by the ticket
creator.  My workaround for the time being is to have a custom template
sent to the admin cc's on ticket create, which will probably work for
everyone except the person who actually creates the ticket.

Thanks for any thoughts/pointers,

Scott