[rt-users] RT3 mailgate questions

Christopher Manly cam2 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 13 10:52:43 EST 2003

Hi,

I've had RT2 up and running successfully for a while, and I'm working
on a new implementation based on RT3, and I have a couple of
questions about the new httpd-based mailgate:

1) The docs state that a user needs to be set up for the mailgate
with permissions to create tickets, but nothing mentions how to
configure the mailgate to use that user.  How is that done?

2) I'm using external authentication for the web UI (we have a custom
apache module that talks to our kerberos server to handle
authentication), but that won't work for the mailgate.  Do I just
need to set up an alternate URL that uses apache basic authentication
to accept mail from the mailgate, or can RT be set to fall back to
internal authentication if the webserver doesn't authenticate?

Thanks.

--
Christopher Manly
Unix Systems Administrator