[rt-users] rt-2-1-85: mysql performance ?

Carlos Canau canau at keka.KPNQwest.pt
Thu Mar 13 14:39:40 EST 2003

Hi,

In my setup (*) I was waiting about 10 sec. to change from a ticket to
the next  on the  tickets menu. After  turning on  log-slow-queries in
mysqld I've tried the following indexes  which drop the wait time to 5
sec. (which is still ... a lot ??). Can it be further optimized ?

alter table Tickets add INDEX TypeINDEX(Type);
alter table Tickets add INDEX StatusINDEX(Status);
alter table Groups add INDEX DomainINDEX(Domain);
alter table Groups add INDEX InstanceINDEX(Instance);
alter table Groups add INDEX TypeINDEX(Type);
alter table Principals add INDEX PrincipalsINDEX(PrincipalType);
alter table CachedGroupMembers add INDEX GroupIdINDEX(GroupId);
alter table CachedGroupMembers add INDEX MemberIdINDEX(MemberId);

regards,
</canau

(*)
- rt-2-1-85
- 9000 tickets imported from rt2
- 2x450MHz Pentium II Compaq 3000 server
- RH 7.3 + last patches