[rt-users] Duplicate Tickets??

Binand Raj S. binand at gmx.net
Fri Mar 14 08:04:30 EST 2003

Can someone help me out of this mess?

I use RT 2.0.15 with RHDB 2.1 (Postgres 7.2.3) as the backend. Today,
while I tried to resolve a ticket, I got this:

I found this in the database:

tickets=# select id from tickets where id = 10622;
  id
-------
 10622
 10613
(2 rows)

tickets=# update tickets set status = 'resolved' where id = 10622;
ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index tickets_pkey

Questions:

Why is it showing me ticket 10613 for a query on 10622?
How do I get out of this mess?

Any help will be appreciated.

(Now I find more tickets with the same problem, viz:

tickets=# select id from tickets where id = 10613;
  id
-------
 10613
 10476
(2 rows)

I feel the index has gone bust. How do I rebuild it?)

Binand