[rt-users] rt-2-1-85: mysql performance ?

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Fri Mar 14 10:56:17 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:07:28PM +0100, Harald Wagener <hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com> wrote:

> No! RedHat 8.0 is a rat's nest for other problems (apache/perl/modperl
> setup and versions don't seem to play nice with RT3 at the moment. I
> tend to blame RH for this these days...).

Don't blame Red Hat for using the wrong version. :-) For RT3, I'm
pretty sure you want Apache 1.x and the stable mod_perl, not
Apache 2.x and the development mod_perl 1.99.

You should be able to install the RH7.3 Apache and mod_perl packages
on a RH8.0 system.

For the original poster, some ideas offhand:

Make sure you're letting MySQL use sufficient resources. The default
RH /etc/my.cnf is pretty puny, IIRC -- take a look at the examples
in /usr/share/mysql or /usr/share/doc/mysql-server-VERSION/. You
will probably want to base yours on the my-large.cnf example.

Also, check for the other MySQL basics -- not doing full query logging,
not doing binlogging unless you need it, staying safely out of swap,
and so forth.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!